Saturday 14 November 2009

30 Love?

This morning i took my man-meeting experiments to unusual teritory and decided to nip off to the indoor Tennis courts out of town to practice my awful backhand (would play outdoors, but i reside in the south of England.)

As i'm swinging away batyting balls all over the place somebody behind me says "excuse me, you look like you could use a few tips, if you dont mind me mentioning"

My heart flutters at the sound of his voice, a posh, Gentlemanly English. This is it, I'm about to meet my very own Peter Peter Colt, Tim Hennman, Andy Murray... ok maybe not him, but you get the idea.

now my mind is running away with me, i think i may have stood there for at least 30 seconds before i turn around and what a sight awaits me.

Shapely calfs, strong tennis player arms, the bluest eyes i have ever seen, accentuated by his wrinkled face, grey hair and baldspot.

Trying to hide my dissappointment i chat to him anyway and get a few tips on what i thought was actually a pretty good serve. Find out he is a tennis coach, plan to take a few lessons with him.

I have a Hit with him (He won) and when my time is up decide to shower and head to the bar.

Its mostly parents with kids on saturday mornings but i decided to have a drink anyway and get chatting to the barmaid, Michelle, who seems very friendly, welcoming and extremely confident. If nothing at least i will have made a new friend. We swap numbers and agree we must have a Hit soon. Next saturday in fact.

Dating on the courts? So far unsuccessful.

EDIT: Shortly after posting this update i recieved a text from Michelle Which reads:

"Hi Ani it's Michelle from the Tennis centre. I'm just going to get straight to the point with this, i would love to take you out for dinner some time. I think you are gorgeous and i'd really like to get to know you some more. Can't wait to see you again, Shell xxx


OK then. I've politely replied informing her that i am in fact very straight, but thank you for the flattery anyway.

Was not expecting that.

10 comments:

  1. Nice compliment though. Its only a matter of time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. old guys an lesbians. okay im not taking up tennis now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a total loss. at least you got one proposition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that happened to me before too. I'm not sure what I feel about it.

    Michael.
    Do you hate it too?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah at least someone loves you!

    Kate
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha yes at least someone was interested. I'm not doing much for promoting the sport am i?

    Not sure how to feel about it either Michael.. Flattering, i guess haha.

    Ani x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I play tennis every week and so far the only hot talk I've had is with little Scouse twerps who try to swap my Slazengers with their dog bitten, three-for-a-pound balls....

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol thats sounds like alot of fun. Chasing kids about for your nice expensive balls!

    A Tennis player as well eh? I also play once a week. Love it!

    You just keep making your way up my favorite person list Fish :)

    Ani x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, me and my dentist have a good battle going but seem to get into arguments with the locals EVERY week. I hate this city...
    Ooh, do let me know when I'm at the top!
    Jimmy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will be the first to know, Promise :)

    Sounds like interesting times. Ever thought about changing cities? Was the best move i ever made..

    Ani x

    ReplyDelete