Friday 20 November 2009

The things i dislike about him

Its no secret that I'm a serial dater and there is a good reason for that. I'm also extremely picky when it comes to committing myself to someone for a lengthy period of time and due to this, friends have branded me commitment phobic.

So when my friend Nicole went through the list of guys from the past year and a half alone, and my reasons for disliking them, i have compiled a *Ahem* short list of said men and my reasons.

We start at the beginning of the year with...

Pub landlord boy - Nice, good looking, great in the sack. But he was so arrogant that when acquaintances from the town i lived in at the time found out about us i got everything from dirty looks in the street, to lectures about what an arrogant w*nker he was. Not worth the hassle. And they say love conquers all?

Danny boy - nice enough but not passionate enough about me. Didn't seem to care much when i broke it off. I later found out he was pretty hurt, punched a hole in his bedroom door.

The bearded wonder - Probably the only gent I've been genuinely interested in for a long time. Just one little problem... It was me or the beard unfortunately. The beard won, then there was a very complicated few dates, before i decided i wanted to be with him and he decided to move on. Honestly gutted about my pickyness in this situation.

Raver boy - got along like a house on fire. Met him when i was drunk, still thought he was cute on the first date which was a bonus. Then he started to laugh - it was a combination of a hillbilly and a hyena. Which was unfortunate. For him.

James - Too jealous. Were only ever friends for a long time and never actually dated or anything else but hugged. Crunch time came for me when he said he wanted to jump over the bar and kick the crap out of a guy i was talking to for making a harmless comment.

DI Nick Angel - anyone who has seen the film "Hot Fuzz" with know why this is the nickname. Again i got on really well with this guy, loved hearing every detail of his working life as an officer of the Law. I find crime fascinating. After a month the conversation and complete and utter devotion to his working life was too much to take and i let it fizzle out. When he wasn't talking about the Met he would bore me with darts. I pretty much know Mervyn King's life story off by heart.

and last but most certainly not least

The driving instructor - you will hear more about this one in my Dating Disasters series. Yes i did date my driving instructor. He was 15 years my senior, recently divorced with a 3 year old child. After our second date he wrote me a poem. After asking me if i like poems. I said No. He said he would send one anyway. He did. It felt Creepy.

and i wonder why I'm single?

8 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud several times, Ani. Slightly worried about the 'crime fascinates me' line, though ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it :) I thought it was pretty mediocre as far as my posts go so good feeback is a bonus tonight :)

    lol its not the actual crime that fascinates, its the solving of the crime. Forensics is amazing anf distantly similar to my line of work. Its all about unconvering the mystery.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha love this post and I have to say I am intrigued by the driving instructor - when do we find out about him.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha not until after my 3rd hockey player instalment... so the end of the week probably!

    Ani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, I've got a hockey player saga... that rumbles on.

    I don't blame you for being single! None of these blokes sound like a reason for not being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just laughed out loud so hard at work...everyone is staring lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, wow... and as a bearded guy myself, I have to apologize on behalf of your bearded guy experience...we sometimes become fiercly loyal to our beards...hahaha

    ReplyDelete