Friday 8 January 2010

The Highland Fling

Before i begin blogging i would just like to thank you all for your support and wonderful comments left. I have indeed been on hiatus over the holidays, its been a busy busy time as you can imagine but alas i am back (and will try my very best to update as often as possible) and i wish you all a Happy New Year :)

I begin 2010 in Scotland with a new laptop and an exciting Scotsman to lust after.

It starts in a Weatherspoons during a family meal. The waiter is gorgeous, Scottish and giving me the eye when he comes over to tell the mother that they are out of chicken.

"Look at that handsome young boy, mum".

My Mum is pretty easily wound up. So i take the opportunity whenever the poor lad comes over to the table to flutter my eyelashes and give a big seductive smile. Much to Mothers dismay.

"I Can't even look the poor laddie in the eye" She says after he brings over our dinner.

To wind her up further i write my mobile number on the back of the receipt and place it on the table just as we are leaving, not expecting Scottie boy to even bother contacting me, generally just to wind my mum up, who is horrified by the whole thing. In her mind I'm still an innocent young girl.

By the evening I've forgotten all about it and proceed to get drunk in true Scottish fashion. There were snowball fights, failed snow angels and games of who can knock the gigantic icicle down with a snowball - nobody won that one.

The next morning, feeling a little worse for wear I'm really surprised to see a text on my phone from said Scottie boy.

"Hey, I'm not sure who you are or if your number was intended to be left for me but my name is Tom and i work at the pub you were in yesterday. Think you are really pretty and if you don't mind I'd like to see you again :) x"

I reply instantly and accept his invitation to a lovely Italian restaurant in a cute little village not far from home, tomorrow night.

Ani xx

6 comments:

  1. Ha, ha...don't you just love it when a plan comes together ?

    You go, girl...just try to keep your eyes off the Italian waiter.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I love it when you take a chance and it leads to something exciting. Can't wait to hear how your date goes!

    http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh sounds promising. Will keep everything corssed

    Kate xx

    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I have a little something for you over at my place.

    xo

    http://michelleenders.blogspot.com/2010/02/kickass-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice winding up of the mother

    ReplyDelete