Wednesday 2 December 2009

Previous dating disasters - The Hockey player instalment 3

.... the abrupt end.

I put the end of our rocky relationship down to crossed wires on hindsight, but at the time i thought it was clear as day.

We met in the pub for our last time, after having not seen each other or spoken for the last 2 months. He had a new job and seemed to be doing well, i was considering moving away and as far as i was concerned whatever we had was over.

As we were chatting i mentioned that i had a date with someone, who was - god forbid - taking me to the cinema. I hate the cinema and am pretty aware its the most anti-social form of date anyone can go on, however agreed anyway.

Mike started getting pretty narky after the mention of this. The more our conversation progressed the more criticizing and snappy towards me he became. It got pretty heated and eventually he snapped, demanding to know why i wouldn't go to the cinema with him when he had asked me.

I snapped back.

"I DO have the cinema" i said, "but this is an opportunity i can't pass up. Firstly, an all expenses paid visit to the cinema and secondly, i really want to see this film. Who knows, i might even end up liking the guy."

"My brother was right about you. Girls like you are a complete head fuck."

And with that, he stood up, walked out of the pub and i never saw or heard from him again. He even took me off his Facebook, which as far as I'm aware in this day and age, is one giant middle finger.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like he has quite a case of "sour grapes"...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog - it's certainly entertaining! I also like what you wrote about taking someone off Facebook "is one giant middle finger" - how true is that?? I laughed so hard when I saw that, and have to admit I recently did that to someone, so felt all the better! Good luck with your blog - it's definitely interesting and one I"ll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently got rid of 120-odd on Facebook - I had to borrow some fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha sour grapes indeed!

    Thank you, i'm glad you are enjoying it and it makes you laugh.

    I do feel a bit put out if someone take me off Facebook, but only if we are actually friends and communicate more than once a year. Otherwise, i probably wouldn't notice :)

    lol were the 120 people you know and spoke to, or just randomers fish?

    Ani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 100 were people I knew at some stage in my life. Got a message on Monday from someone who drank in the pub I grew up in asking why I'd deleted her. Quite awkward.
    For the record, the criteria for staying on my friends list is as follows: if I like you; if I have a strong memory connected with you; if it would cause more trouble than it's worth to delete you; if I can use you professionally in the future; or if I think there's a possibility of a shag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (tee hee)

    MsBurb

    High Chief Mucky Muck of

    Burb's Buck & Buntline Inn (B3) http://burbsbuckandbuntlineinn.blogspot.com/

    2nd Official Tate-LaBianca Murders Blog (TLB2) http://2ndofficialtate-labiancamurdersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled across your blog, look forward to reading more. That really is quite the shun in our generation but you have a new prospect now. And although I clearly have no clue about the full story here, I think a new prospect is really the best way to move on from an old one. Hope it's more fun than you're expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH no - he sounds like a total wanker anyway.

    Can you imagine he would be the kind of guy that got jealous if you looked at another man

    Kate xx
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. how funny.. love your blog!

    iblogyourprofile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeh kate i think he was a bit like that! Hello new follower i'm glad you enjoy it :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete